Yesterday, yes YESTERDAY, we went to the Discovery Center. I'm gloating on the yesterday part because hardly if ever, have I been caught up enough to say yesterday instead of 3 months ago!! It was President's Day and no school so we were off to see the Bodies Revealed exhibit at the Discovery Center. We debated the last few months whether to go with kids because it's real cadavers (not too mention $13 per child), but we ended up going. The exhibit was pretty cool and very educational for the kids. The pregnant cadaver was a little bothersome to me, but the kids didn't think that through and thought seeing the baby in the uterus was interesting. Layla said the thyroid looked like a chunk of roast beef. I thought the vein/artery section was the coolest. Alyse said she didn't think her stomach liked seeing other people's stomach, but overall the kid's weren't grossed out, it's just the way it is and the body is very scientific. Pictures weren't allowed in the exhibit :(
Then we went through the rest of the discovery center. The same exhibits since I was a second grader, but the girls have only seen them a few times and it's fun all the same. The bubble solution wasn't very good and would pop 99 out of 100 times just bringing the wand up.
The floating ball- or fun hair styling exhibit :)
Alyse and Alaina laying on a bed of nails
and the Shopping Play Center/favorite part for the kids




1 comment:
Oh such adorable pictures. Wow I love your Valentine's decorations. I think my two favorites are the hands outlined and the XO made of floral twig. Well done! Your class handout Valentine's are so creative. WOW! Boston wanted to hand-make each of his Valentine's this year. It almost killed me. I'm not sure how you do it for more than 1 kid.
Poor Landon. :( Boys are just rough and tumble, especially at that age. I have Whitaker in my family tree too. Wonder if we're related some way. I've been diving into Family History lately and am really enjoying it. Anyway, would be so fun if we were related along the trial of life some where.
Anyway, loved your blog updates. VERY cute family you have. How is work? How is the pregnancy? Think of you often.
PS: Posted some pictures of us on FB that I scanned from our elementary years. Brought back so many memories! Phew!
Post a Comment