Monday, August 22, 2011

Alaina's First Day of Kindergarten!

I just sent another baby girl off to start school. She was so excited and ready for this. 

This morning we had a few conversations that went like this...

At home
Alaina:  "Can I walk myself into school?"
Me:  "No, I get to the first day :)"

In the hallway at school
Alaina:  "Okay, good bye"
Me:  "Not yet, I get to take you all the way in today :)"

In the classroom
Alaina:  "Goodbye Momma"
Me:  "Good bye Alaina (and have a great day, I love you, be good and have fun, remember what to do after school, etc., etc.)"






I was ready for this day too, but I am still entiled to all the motherly rights of walking my kindergartener into class the first day and giving them lots of love (and reminders :)   Alaina didn't seem to be nervous at all, just calm and ready as can be!  I can't wait to here all about her day.

With three kids in school, you'd think I might be lonely....
but there are 2 more!

No comments: