Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving

Since we are not going home to Idaho for Thanksgiving this year, I tried to still make it special and found lots of fun Thanksgiving crafts and activites that were really fun and perfect to do on a stay-at-home year.  These are a glimpse of our activities today and over the last few weeks.


 our napkin rings- they make me laugh!



Lexi hard at work on her pilgram hats- she made them all by herself 
 Alaina and her oreo turkeys

eating Thanksgiving sugar cookies 
Lexi and her pilgram hats
 our nature supplies we gathered from the yard (and pantry) for our sign
 Layla glueing her beans- she stuck with it until she was finished!
 making our sign
 I loved this craft!  and they each made one of the turkeys too
 Layla and her turkey
 the pinecone turkeys and toilet paper roll pilgrams and Indians we made
 Love turkey today- eat turkey tomorrow!

 Our thankful turkey-- we have each added a feather over the last few weeks
 my little roll maker- Alyse is a hard worker!
 rolls, rolls, and more roll! (they got darker when I gave the 4 kids a bath- good thing Scott likes them "darker"!)
 my bread cornicopea


 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins... yumm! 
and those muffins are so good with some yummy hot chocolate!
so after being in the kitchen for 8 hours today making pie crusts, pies, rolls, cheese ball, ect today... I was done in the kitchen and we went out to dinner.   Only one more day in the kitchen and then leftovers forever!  I dread getting the turkey ready for the oven in the morning- yuck!!!   
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Leigh Sabey said...

Ruby, you are such a good mom! Where do you find the energy and time for all of this? I am definitely going to steal some of these ideas for next year. Thanks for sharing!

p.s. I'd love the recipe for those oreo turkeys...maybe you can post the link if it's online or email me at leighsabey@gmail.com? Thanks!

The Despain Gang said...

Hey I made butter horn rolls too and did Thanksgiving crafts, but unfortunately compared to your stuff, mine look very poor in comparison. You're amazing. Well done super mom. You're a rock star--can I come be your kid?...hahaha