Thank you to my big brother, Mike, for helping me build this shelf!!! When we were home for Thanksgiving I coerced my brother into stopping his projects and taking on mine :) I had in mind my mother-in-law's shelf from Rod Works and I got really close from memory. Although after I saw her's again I wish I would have used thicker wood on the ends, but other than that it is almost identical except I'm still missing the fake drawer fronts, I have the knobs but haven't found the right fronts yet, when I do- I'll paint them and glue them on. It's in my dining room and the Eternity picture will stay there but the other things will probably get moved, atleast the clock- it just got bumped from the place it was in the living room and needed a home for the moment. And thank you Scott for hanging it for me! So... the Rod Works shelf was $174 and mine-
wood $18, molding $30, paint $6, stain $5, knobs $4 (I'm up to $73, so I saved $100)!
2 comments:
way to go martha!!! I love it! And I like the clock too!
That looks great; I have a similar self in Ashlynne's room--Lora was my big helper. :D
Post a Comment