Thursday, July 23, 2009

All in a days work...

Our Family Home Evening lesson Monday night was on Doctrine and Covenants 88:119, "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." Our actvity was making peach freezer jam and freezer peaches (working to prepare every needful thing). We had a great assembly line....
Lexi dreamed of peaches
Scott scalded the peachesAlyse and Alaina pealed the peaches

(the cutest little peach pealers I ever did see!)

I sliced the peaches
and Layla ate the peaches!


we made 11 containers of jam and 44 C of freezer peaches, YUM!

2 comments:

Hyde Family said...

Why do I cry everytime I see you??!! I miss my friend!

The Despain Gang said...

Peaches in July! WHAT! Wow, where did you get them. How did they come so early. Yum, yum; I love canning; it always makes me feel so great. I just canned apricots, raspberries, green beans and cherries. All were so great. Yours look amazing!