I know, I know, the 4th was long, long ago, 18 days ago to be exact, but since it was such an interesting 4th and I have not a picture of it to preserve our memories, I thought I should blog it for our family record!
We thought we would have a nice quiet day at home and celebrate by making this country a little more beautiful by getting our "yard" all tilled. Well the day was actually spent tilling in pouring rain and in the ER. All the adventures and activities of the 4th create busy days in the ER, well our quiet day at home included a trip there as well. Lexi tripped and fell, mouth first, into a Fisher Price toy that shoots balls up and around. It was cut a little on the outside and badly on the inside of her cheek. With all the blood, inside and out, I thought that it actually went through her cheek. But after the bleeding stopped, during our wait at the ER, I realized it didn't, but continued to wait afraid the inside needed stitches. The doc said that if it was on the outside it would need stitches but that stitches are contraindicated on the inside of the mouth and sent us home with a syringe to keep the food chunks irrigated out. She came home and had a nap and woke up and said "I can't put my teeth together, only my lips" because of the swelling. She ate a soft soft bland diet for a week and is now, almost healed up! She is such a trooper! I know a little mouth soar can hurt so bad, but with gaping wound, she hardly complained.
We had decided to not go to fireworks this year, besides being exhausted, we were afraid that after hauling 4 kids and the necessary cargo, waiting for hours, and the misserable traffic afterwards, that we would just have two screaming kids through the show anways. Lame, I know! So the kids watched fireworks out our windows until Scott and I decided to be brave and take a drive down close to where the firwork show was soon to start. Well, the firework show wasn't where we had thought it was, but the kids were happy with the miscelaneous fireworks they saw around! And due to lightning, our yard didn't get finished either! Our party pooping day didn't go as planned- maybe next year we'll stick with the parade, BBQ, and real fireworks!
No comments:
Post a Comment