Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Noni's visit and the back yard begins to transform

Noni (Scott's mom) flew in Wed. Jun 17!
While we were in Denver and had a babysitter, Scott and I got to go to the temple.
Thank you Noni!
Before Pictures
the left side of the back yardThe right side of the back yard, well yard if you can call it that, there is not a blade of grass, maybe weed patch and dead tree forest is a better nameScott and I had pulled out about 20 dead trees in the yard and this is saying good bye to the mostly alive, but junk trees, that were across the back fence terrace


Scott's still sawing, or did a tornado hit our back yard?



Now the fun begins!


Lexi roller skating through the tree wreckage????

another view of the trees that had a bad day

Noni planting

Scott drops the hose and sprays himself, just as I click!
Layla somewhat enjoys watching us work

diligent & perseverance or just plain crazy, but we worked until every last flower was planted, even through pouring rain!



Father's Day

Scott is the best husband and father in the world, I am very grateful for him and his hard work for our family. He has gone to work all day and then come home and worked until dark in the yard. I hope he got a much deserved break and some pampering on Sunday!

Noni celebrates the morning with us too! and then we took her to the Denver airport for a very sad good bye. It was a great trip and we are grateful for her hard work and gardening expertise! We can't wait for Noni and Bompi to come out in July!
By the way, chopping the trees down was the fun part, cleaning up the wreckage was not so fun! On Monday, Scott and I sawed and sawed and sawed. We have a storage shed full of logs, the only problem is our only need for wood is in the fire dish, and that can only use so many. We can only eat so many hot dogs and smores! So today we rented a UHaul pick up and took 850 lbs of tree branches to the dump! Now, on to getting the "yard" ready to till and then to tree and grass planting! Landscaping is much more fun than unlandscaping!!!!

4 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

Dito about landscaping is much more fun than unlandscaping. Have fun picking flowers! It's my favorite part; oh man, I love flowers! I'm jealous. I have a small budget every year to build my landscape. I've priced it all out and it will be 3-4 years before I get everything done that I want. Oh well, patience will be rewarded, right? :) Love the pics. Congrats on the hard work--wow 850 lbs, amazing!

Kristin said...

I am so glad you are in your house - FINALLY! Looks like you all are having tons of fun being together! Have fun landscaping!

Sethington said...

Glad you are finally settled!!! Landscaping is hard work but very rewarding when it all comes together. Have fun getting your yard together and decorating your new house.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you! Your home is adorable, I love it! Way too many trees (what were the last people thinking??!!) I'm just so happy that you finally have a home! No more hotels whoot whoot!!
You guys are amazing,I love you!
So what is your new adress? E-mail me. I have a new number too.