Maybe I should say, wow, can't believe she is one, where did the time go? But no, I'm going to say, the year since she has been born has been the longest year of my life! I can't believe it was only one year ago that I was in labor and welcoming her to the world, it feels like so long ago and I can barley remember it! July 08 to Jan 09 seemed liked five years to me and the rest of her life has been just as crazy. I have moved 4 times, about 7,000 miles of road trips, and lost my mind more than once, it has been a long year. The year hasn't flown by, but Layla's baby days sure did. I wished we would have done a few less swim lessons, ballet classes, etc. and that I would have rocked my baby a few more times. But through the chaos of my life, she has been my joy and my love. She didn't get her one month picture, or two month, or three month, ..................... or 11 month picuture posted, but here is my birthday girl! She went for the gummy worms, she had one in each hand, licked one and then the other, back and forth.
CAKERS!
Grammy called her "baby cakes" and it stuck, then Lexi shortened it to just "cakes" and somewhere along the way it became "cakers." I doubt she knows her real name!
This is from last Friday, we spent the day at Mt. Rushmore. Had to enjoy one more day there, it's been a favorite place of ours for the last 6 years. I think in a few years well take a summer vacation here so the girls can be old enough to remember seeing Mt. Rushmore.
3 comments:
I truly admire your endurance and cheerfulness :) Life is always an adventure for you guys!
Seriously where DID the time go. I too can't believe she's one. Yay for you and yours though.
All I can say is WOW! I can't believe this is Layla!! I've missed waaaaay too much. Happy birthday to her. And happy almost "end" to you!
Post a Comment