you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Friday, May 15, 2009
phase 56 of move #782,238,981 and road trip #987
Random thoughts (50 stories reduced to 50 sentences) in my over tired brain. Don't ask me where I live, I either start to stutter or make a 5-10 minute explanation. Buying a house is a complete emotional roller coaster (that I wasn't prepared for). Alyse's two top front teeth are very loose. We are currently at Peterson AFB's TLF for the night. Tuesday morning we got up at 5, got ready, cleaned the appartment, got kids up and ready and left for Vandenburg AFB at 6:30 a.m. Scott had a great graduation-with the Academic Achievement Award for his class, I got to pin on his wings and he got his flight suit. We then finished the appartment cleaning, final inspection, and loaded up and left Lompoc by 12:30 p.m. Boy do I mean loaded up! Strategically packed like you couldn't believe, no vacant inch in the car, and then loaded in our family of 6 and drove to Vegas. Wed. morning up and out and onto Colorado springs, at midnight we pulled into TLF at the AF Academy. Lexi puked in the car, just lovely smell! Layla took her first steps a few weeks ago, but still crawls for the most part, I mean has been straped in her carseat all week and hasn't been able to move at all! Colorado is beautiful. We celebrated our 8th annivarsary April 25th! We went to Solvang, CA, a tourist town created like Denmark, with all four kids, but still a wonderful day. We collected 11 addresses in less than 8 years. Oohh, I'm so glad to be out of our appartment, TLF is bigger! Its wonderful to do laundry at "home" and Alaina asked me why I was putting bottles into the "oven." It has been that long that she doesn't remember what a dishwasher is!! 4 months without a dishwasher is forever right? We finally got to see the house we have had a contract on for a few weeks. Today was the last day to get out of the contract for inspection reasons. We saw it Thurs. morning, long story there, but yea, it is the one and it suppose to close on the 29th! That means that in two weeks I will have an address again (and a mortgage). We were so so loaded, and then after a few days of getting somethings in and out and the mess the girls make being in the car for days at a time, it was well, not pretty. We got a storage unit here in Colorado Springs today and unloaded! It was the best $34 I have ever spent, the van thanked me as well. We now have stuff here in storage, the majority of our stuff in storage in South Dakota, a big closet stuffed full at my in laws in Weiser, Idaho and a barbie doll house at my mom's in Nampa, Idaho. Someday, I will have all my stuff, and someday much later than that, I will have it all put away in the right spot in MY house! Wow, its dry here! Moving from very humid and sea level, to very high and very dry Colorado Springs is an adjustment! We haven't acclemated yet. So here we are in Co and we are moving to Co, but it isn't that simple! Tomorrow we leave for Rapid City, South Dakota. We not only have to get all of our stuff from there but Scott also has to out process that base. We hope to make it the fastest out processing ever and be back for good by the 29th for closing. If not, Scott will return to finish up in South Dakota after the closing, by himself. The girls and I are staying with the house, I'll have it all painted and unpacked before he gets home, or NOT! But we are hoping for scenerio #1. Layla will have lived in 4 states before her first birthday. This move hasn't had any catastrophic events (not yet anyways) but it is definately a test of endurance. I feel like I have been moving since July 22, 08, when Scott deployed and I left for Idaho! In ten years I will look back at this and laugh, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is crazy! I can't even imagine how difficult that must be with 4 young kids. You are a great mom! Good luck getting into your new house :-)
Wow, you never cease to amaze me! Congratulations on your new house; we are so excited for you!
RUBY!!!! If anyone can do this, YOU can! What a nightmare! But knowing you, everything is all organized and working out to the tee, on time!! I love you and miss you! I can't wait for you to be HOME! ANd to see pictures! AND...you're so much closer to me!!
Good luck with the LAST half! YOu're almost there!
Yea a house! Hopefully this will be the last move for quite some time!! Your such a trooper. Hang in there.
Post a Comment