Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pink Eyes!

Well pink eyes have made the round at our house. Alaina, then Ayse, and then Lexi all had pink eye this week. 2 drops into each eye, on 3 girls, 4 times a day for 7-10 days, is A LOT OF STINKING DROPS! Here's some pretty little eyes in her new pink glasses that she got yesterday.
Alyse hasn't said a word about not being able to see things, like the white board, (how was she suppose to know that she should be able to) and I hadn't noticed a problem, but I was scheduling an eye exam for me and thought that since the recommended age was 5 to start seeing the optometrist, that I would make her an appointment too. I was completely surprised when Alyse needed glasses and about the same prescription that Scott has. We tried every pair of frames in this valley on her before we found the just right ones (which took us a few weeks!). On the way home from Boise last night, Alyse kept pulling them down and looking and then looking through them and saying things like "Mom, the trees have lots of leaves!" and "Mom, I can read the signs!" So lesson learned- I will take take the rest of my kids in when they turn five!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh man, I feel for you. We all went through pink eye for a couple of weeks. It just wouldn't go away. And the kids hated the drops. Hmm.. maybe I'll have to take my Kallie to the eye doctor. hadn't thought about it!

Anonymous said...

Alyse I love your glasses. They are so cute. You are just like daddy. I love you Alyse I miss you. I will see you soon.