I had the table set, the meal made, I only had to put the potatoes in the oven, get the ham out of the crock-pot and the rest out of the fridge.
I put up these little trees and decorated them valentine-ish, and we had a little more Christmas (you can't exactly mail a BBQ grill).
We made this special treat for Daddy
I had everything perfectly set, ready, etc. etc. That was reunion #1. I was really stressed before the reunion. They tell you that reunion can be really hard, a big adjustment, and about all the issues that can come up, they even have reunion prep classes, etc. etc. etc. etc. And then Scott got home, and we loved it, every bit of it, I can remember every minute of it. It was everything and more, and I had worried and stressed for nothing. The dinner, Christmas, etc. was fine, but it wastn't necessary. Next time... I will focus just on the moments like these...
I don't care if we have frozen pizza and sparkling cider for dinner, it won't matter, I'll have my everything and my world back. I'm going to relax, enjoy, and relish in every moment!
We don't have a date, just hearsay, but I'm beginning to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, almost... I still have some things on the do list like
Stategically pack the van to fit everything in
Buy chains for the van (just in case)
Check the weather reports 1,000x
Say goodbye to my family :(
A huge drive to SD with four kids (in JANUARY!)
Decide which of my new outfits to wear
Find the perfect shoes to go with that perfect outfit
Lose 5 more pounds if possible (I haven't been able to workout much lately)
Finish the last week of my bleaching trays
Feel a little guilty about Scott coming home 1/3 of the way through the Army's 18 month deployments, NAH!
The last phase, at last!



5 comments:
I love you Ruby. Thank you for all you did for me and our girls. You are an amazinig! I love you. I will be home soon.
Scott- are you trying to make the whole blogger world cry??? I'm so happy that you guys get to see each other soon! You guys are so cute and I hope you don't have to deal with these separations again any time soon. Give those kids a hug for me and please be safe on your scary drive back to SD. By the way, I'm so jealous!
Oh, I am so excited fo you! It's almost here!!!! Be so careful on your drive, I hate that drive! Good luck! I love Alyse's glasses, she looks beautiful! And Happy Birthday to Alaina! Wow three! We must be getting old or something! Love you!!! Have fun!
I'm so excited for you!!! Drive safe coming back here to South Dakota!
Hey Ruby. Can I have your email address? I need to send you something. I hope you guys are having a great time!
Post a Comment