On Sunday evening, Scott was reading to Audrey and Landon. He called me to come and this is what I found... Audrey sound out, and I took her off to bed. Five minutes later (or less) Scott called me again, and I found Landon sound out. :) The Little Prince is Scott's favorite read aloud, and not just because it puts kids to sleep! Snugly sleeping kids are so precious!
Alyse and I, for our Young Women's Personal Progress Individual Worth Value Project, made family history books of Scott's parents and grandparents. I gathered the stories from them 10 years ago, but hadn't gotten to put them together yet :) Alyse typed Grandpa's and Bompi's stories and I typed Grandma's and Noni's then we added pictures and made awesome books fun to read and look at with kids! Finishing the books took the first two days of break. They were hot off the press to display for Alyse's Night of Excellence, literally minutes from the printer to the display at the church! The girls had a recital that afternoon, then we finished the books, printed, and were off to the church.
Alyse, Lexi, and Alaina ready for their student Halloween recital
Alyse played her violin at Night of Excellence, accompanying the other
young women singing "Daughter of A King". Alyse surprised us when we
came in and she was in a beautiful formal dress! All the girls were!
They got to pick them out at a mutual activity in August and wear them
for the evening. They took pictures after the program but we haven't
got them back yet.

Alyse after the Night of Excellence with her flower and frame take homes and our family history books
I finished up a baby quilt I had been making for a my niece, Cassi's, new baby boy. I think it turned out pretty cute, even if it does remind me of Charlie Brown. :)
Scott had his full week of school, got all his hours at the book store that week, sold plasma twice and got all his tests and homework done that week by noon on Friday (with not so much sleep!) so we could go to Grammy's house for the weekend to PARTY!



No comments:
Post a Comment