Wednesday, October 7, 2015

September 2015

Daddy Daughter Dance!
Scott got to take two beautiful girls to a Stake Activity Day Daddy Daughter Dance.  They had a great time dancing and eating ice cream sundaes.

Peaches and Apples!
I had lots of help storing up some peaches and apples.


The actual helpers were Lexi, Alaina, and Alyse.  They peeled and sliced the apples for homemade applesauce, which is the BEST!  

Alaina eating peaches with milk and sugar (YUM!) and Lexi showing off our peaches ready to freeze

School
I planned to start school in September, but we were all getting excited and ready for school to begin as my school order packages started arriving.  We decided to start Aug 24th when Scott's semester started and then take a week off in October for a fall break when time off is exciting again.  We are now into our 7th week of school and we are all loving this year.  Homeschool just gets better every year!  We are doing even more of a Charlotte Mason style in many ways but added in a 1-2 hours a day for self directed learning, which has been a perfect fit for us!

We have been listing to the Story Book of the World...
it shows in Lego play
My school board to display quotes and pictures from our current studies...
right now it's Leonardo Di Vinci, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and President David O. McKay.  I really like to emphasize the home part of homeschool.  I don't want my home to look like a school classroom, but I do like one spot in the hall by the library to display our focuses.


A science experiment showing cold water sinking and hot water rising (which is one cause of waves).
Death of my Dryer 
My dryer died on Labor Day.  Scott has fixed it umpteen times over the last 14 years.  I have turned it on with pliers for about the last 10!  Alaina said it smelled funny down there, but I didn't think too much of it because I had just recently cleaned a spot on the cement with Clorox spray and thought that was what she smelled.  When I went in later to take clothes out of the drier the clothes were still wet and it wouldn't restart and yea, it did smell funny... a faint burnt wire smell.  Scott couldn't fix a fried dryer!  I did not want to spend money on a drier of all things right now, but didn't want to live without one either!  I still grab for the pliers each time I go to start the new dryer.  10 year habits are hard to break!

 Audrey's Mad Corner
Audrey was mad at us all!  I don't remember even why, but she didn't get her way about something.  We found her in the corner behind the chair with her blankie, doll, and reading books!

Lego Temple 
Alyse and siblings finished the Lego Temple Alyse got for her birthday from Noni, all 1750 pieces.
 Parade of Homes- Idaho Falls
We were able to attend the Idaho Falls Parade of Homes as a family and had so much fun!  The kids bought there own tickets and they each thought they had well spent their $5.  We all had a great time, all day long looking at 12 homes in the Idaho Falls and Shelley area.  The homes were amazing!  We all had the same favorite home.  It wasn't the most expensive, but it was just our style and perfect, and an amazing 5,700 square feet!  We imagined our selves in there very well and even went back for a 2nd look at the end.  We can dream, right?!
 
Grammy's Visit
My mom came to spend a week with us over my birthday!  We did lots of art & crafts in the afternoons.  Grammy taught them how to weave baskets out of newspapers and they painted lots of rocks, made tissue flours, owl wreaths, and apple and peach pies!  Unfortunately, I didn't get my camera out as much as I should have :(

Grammy and Layla weaving,
the kids showing the cute pumpkin pie sugar cookies which Grammy brought to us


Audrey made her cookies into cat ears and a bow tie :)
Lunar Eclipse 
We watched the awesome lunar eclipse on the 27th  

 
 My Birthday
So the pictures show just how excited I am get older and to get my picture taken :)
I was very excited to eat this cake though!  It was mint chocolate.... Dryer's Thin Mint ice cream and full of Keebler Grasshoper cookies, Andies Mints, and Miss Richardson's fudge.  It was incredible!!  I would almost say that I'm so excited for my next birthday just to have this cake again!



My mom babysat for us the next day while Scott and I went to the Rexburg Temple and that was wonderful! And Grammy babysat for me while I went case lot shopping, uggh!  We stayed up too late every night playing games and had a great week together!


No comments: