Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Guess what I haven't done ????

Guess what I haven't done even once in the last week that I have done lots of every day for the last 13 years......

                                             drum roll please.....

                                                                      (no, I am no overcoming a bad habit or addiction)

I haven't changed a diaper for a whole week!!!!!

Audrey potty trained herself.  I didn't even want to think about starting potty training until Aug or Sep, after our summer trips, but little miss had her own plan and really did it all by herself other than we said yeah! and gave her 3 chocolate chips every time.  A few weeks ago she wanted to sit on the toilet and she peed, and then she started doing that frequently.  I kept her in a diaper though because I really didn't want to do this yet.  It's hard having a newly potty trained child out and about!  After a week of that, and I still hadn't given her panties, she her very own self who loves to change her clothes umpteen times a day or put on Landon's clothes, discovered Landon's underwear and wore those.  After a day of that, I broke down and put her in girl panties, and they have been perfectly dry for a week!  Not one mishap!  I can't believe it!

We are hitting milestones around here people!  In March, when she turned 2, we no longer had to buy whole milk and the WHOLE family was on skim.   Not a huge deal, but still really nice!  We've done our turn of formula, whole milk, and skim all at the same time, so just skim is a mile stone folks!   Then a few weeks ago, Audrey rebelled against the booster seat in her kitchen chair, so it's gone and I just have 8 regular chairs at the table!  And now, no diapers!!!!!    We are ready for the next phase of life around here....  it's coming fast, it's just around the corner....  in exactly 1 month from today I will have a TEENAGER!

No comments: