Sunday, October 28, 2012

September and October in a nut shell

I'll do my best to remember of a few of the happenings over the last two months event though it all seems like a blur in my mind.

The girls in their matching Best Sister Ever T-shirts, I was working this day and Scott surprised me and brought the kids by the hospital to see me and brought me dinner :)   Extra wonderful because I was working a day shift, so I left before the girls were awake and it was a Wed. so I had to go straight from work to young women's and otherwise wouldn't have seen them at all.


the girls started back in violin, clogging, and activity day girls

we all got the stomach flu and had a miserable few days

I got a year older, whether I wanted to or not.
It was a wonderful day with my family though, I got to go shopping in Boise and then we had a yummy dinner and cake/presents at home with the kiddos. 
 Scott didn't do homework at all and devoted the day to me :)

Layla in action 





I decorated lots for fall- I love fall!!! and then for Halloween

we made candy apples for a FHE treat 

Landon figured out how to get up on the counters/island
{trouble, trouble, trouble!!!!}

this is why he has no pants on in the picture and often doesn't 
because he soaks them playing in the water
(we had to turn the hot water off on the island sink because it's impossible to keep him away from this!)

Scott was released as Elder's Quorum President and I from YW's presidency a few weeks ago.  An inspired    
Stake President knew Scott needed more time to spend at home being a husband and father at this point in his life, which couldn't be more true!!  Then I was released.  Bitter sweet, but for the best right now; there is only 24 hours in a day and I can only go so long with out sleep and my children need more of my time then they were getting.  I would love nothing other than being a stay-at-home mom and serve in YWs, but it isn't possible for the next 2 1/2 years.  I have been working full time since the beginning of July because I started orienting to med/surg and ER in at the Weiser Hospital.  I just finished my orientation and so my hours will drop back some :)  I love the young women but I just didn't have it any me anymore to do EVERY THING.  

  We attended the Boise Temple Open House last Friday.  It closed last July for renovation.  It was so beautiful and it was so beautiful to have my children be able to see inside, it was a beautiful time.  We are excited to have it open again next month and be close to a temple again.


Scott is more than half way through a crazy tough semester with 20 credits.  

The girls just finished the 1st quarter with perfect grades and reports from their teachers :)

Scott finally got his military disability for his ears and knees, it's still pending for his back.  But yeah, he is now a disabled vet- 16 months after his exit date!! (slow process)

Landon is recovering from 2 ear infections and respiratory crud, he has to be held down every 4 hours for about 15 min for neb treatments-
its so hard when they are sick at this age, Landon won't snuggle he just walks around fussing :(
 Sometimes he's good through the treatments and sometimes he screams, usually a mix.  
This boy hates to hold still!

And we spent the last few days with my family, pics to come in next post.

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

glad life is starting to slow down a little for you. Life sounded a little too intense for your family the past few months. Love all the pictures.