Sunday, July 8, 2012

Camping/Family Reunion June 2012

Bull Trout Lake

It was a beautiful lake, but full of mosquitoes!!  We sprayed the kids 10+ times a day but they still got eaten alive.  Other than that, it was a blast.  It was extra special to have my nephew David and two of his kids here from Louisiana, I hadn't seen David since 1997!  His 3 year old broke her leg badly just before there trip here and so his stayed home with her.  Sad story, but we look forward to meeting them in September.
This is only a fraction of the photos that I have.  I just can't resist any of these, so photo overload.  And thanks Stacy for the ones I "borrowed" from your blog :)

Monkeys eating bananas

cute camper 

Craft time with Grammy 

Layla and Aunt Stacy soaking their feet in the cool water 

Alyse crocheting, a pocket full of yarn and a pocket full of the chain

1st run in Aunt Shelley's paddle boat
Alaina, Shelley, and Sarah 

Ashley and Alyse crocheting

Landon taking a nap after lunch in his stroller 

Sarah with a monkey on her back 

My brother Bob showing us how he can 'walk on water'


Bob being silly

Talon and Uncle Bob Fishing 

 Alaina eating a smore

 Scott enjoying a smore, well until..............

a mischivious little girl dumps a bucket of snow on his head

snow storm on Scott

 Alaina enjoying the scenery

Alaina in a snow patch

the girls throwing snowballs

Scott tree tipping 

Lexi, Alyse, Ashley, Aunt Stacy, and Alaina
on one of our many walks around the lake

Landon's hair so full of sunscreen and bugspray that can style into a mowhawk

Grammy and Landon

Layla showing Uncle Bob the bird houses 

Landon and Alaina 

Kristey helping me wash my hair, cold but worth it :)

Princess Ruby 

the crowd of cousins on the dock

 James and Scott cooling off, note Alyse is the back crocheting with her feet in the water

Scott jumps in, burr!

Scott and Alyse, Alyse is still crocheting 

Alyse, not crocheting, eating smores!

Ashley, Alyse, and Lexi show their wild flowers

Landon doing his chore of fire wood gathering

Cousins 

Scott, Layla, and James taking the boat out 

Bob and Julie making us breakfast hash 

Layla became great friends with her new cousin Talon
they both have great chocolate milk mustaches here


With all those photos and I still didn't cover everyone or all the fun times!
Just to remember, I took a boat ride with Carla and Shelley and had more than a few laughs on the lake.  They deemed me an incompetent paddler and I lost my paddling privileges (or I faked it so I wouldn't have to paddle :)  and I had an awesome hike with Scott.  We discovered Warm Springs trail, a nice 17 mile path through the mountains.   We didn't go all 17 miles :), but we did go far enough to find Hidden Lake and lots of beautiful scenery.  I would love to go back and go the whole trail though!  And, of course, late night chats around the camp fire!

Camping with an 11-month-old takes effort, to say the least!!  There wasn't any grassy areas to let Landon crawl around and he was off a blanket in .2 sec so he spent most of his time in the stroller or in arms.  He was so happy to get home and be able to roam free!!!!

FYI, 4 days of camping with 5 kids produced 11 loads of laundry!!!

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

WOW so much fun! I LOVE reunions! We have a reunion with everyone every other year. Do you have reunions annually? So fun to catch up with everyone. Camping sounds like a crazy amount of work. You're a super mom! Still my favorite picture is definitely of you in the crown towel. That's just awesome. Fun getting updated on your life! Good luck with work and motherhood and church and being a wife. You're amazing!