Saturday, May 1, 2010

April 2010

April was a crazy month!  We returned home from our Idaho trip on the 6th at 1:00a.m. and kept the kids home from school a day to let them recover.  Then the next day was a snow day, so they got a bonus recovery day.  April was a month of major decisions for Scott and I.  Instead of retiring from the Air Force as planned, we are going to get out.  Scott's enlistment is up in Mar of 2013 or we can do the Palace Chase program and get out at any time and do some years in the Reserves.   (Idaho doesn't have Reserves, so that puts us in Utah around Hill AFB for a few years while Scott goes to school.)   We haven't exactly decided the when part yet, we just know that this year isn't the year.   I also started school in April to be a Medical Transciptionist.  I study during Layla's nap time while Lexi and Alaina play and then after the kids go to bed until I can't keep my eyes open any longer.  We also progressed on our landscaping and planted grass seed twice.  The weather has teased us all month going back and forth from sunny 70s to blizzards.  After I planted raspberrry plants yesterday, it hailed and snowed on them.  I am so done with snow!  Scott was also oncall for most of the month untop of a crazy schedule due a base inspection.  We are so that is over with and that they passed!  We celebrated our 9th anniversary by staying home and watching a few hours of Everybody Loves Raymond and eating Junior Mints.  So exciting I know, but is was per my request.  I had asked to do something quiet like watch stupid mind numbing sitcoms :)


April Showers bring May flowers

Scott and I built garden beds, and the day after (already being so sore from that), we moved 17,500 lbs of garden dirt and a pick up load of mulch on a very misty/rainy day.
Ta Da!  our garden through the rain


Alyse had her 2nd grade program, "The Race to the Finish."
Alyse also had a field trip scheduled, but it was cancelled due to a snow day.  They were not able to reschedule the same field trip but will get to do an alternative one in May.


Wow!  It was an emotionally and physically exhausting month!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You guys have had some pretty crazy life experiences! When you move to Utah, we need to meet up. I'm here too. That would be great!

The Despain Gang said...

So cute! What a great reunion with all the siblings! Wow, you guys all look the same and yet have changed too. Everyone looks great, especially your mom--I swear she keeps looking younger--how is that possible. Your girls are absolutely adorable; your baby isn't a baby anymore--when did that happen??? That's an understatement, "emotionally & physically exhausting month!" :D You're a rock-star mom!