Our school celebrated Hero Day on 9/11 in honor of the police, fire fighters, and military that have been our heros before, on, and since the tragic day of 9/11/01.
Heros (police officers, fire fighters, and military) were invited to the school for a program and parade. Scott was greeted at the door with cheers, a hero ribbon, and a student escort to his seat. They had a little program with a few speakers and some great songs from the choir. The classes were then released to take their spots and the heros were given bags and escorted on a parade through the halls. The kids lined the halls, full of cheers, thank yous, high fives, hand shakes, yellow ribbon suckers, and stories & letters for their heros. It was incredible! I may have shed a few tears as emotions spilled over :) Alyse and Lexi were Scott's escorts, they are so proud of their hero!
I followed behind the parade and got this shot on the camera, not the best photography- I was recording and pushing a stroller with the other hand, but here's a glimpse of the excitment!
After the parade we had cake and punch and then Scott took Alyse back into class, where he recieved another round of cheers and Alyse was able to show off her own hero.
3 comments:
I really started crying just reading about this! What an amazing idea and such a great memory for your girls and an opportunity to be so proud! That is really neat!
What a great thing! That's awesome. Sorry the month of August was sicky. :( YUCK!
such a sweet idea! THIS is why I miss the Air Force! (not the celebration, the good feeling!)
Post a Comment