Monday, August 10, 2009

Lexi's Big Day!

Ready for the big day!
(she woke me up this morning at 6:30, dressed and even had her socks and shoes on!)The walk to schoolGetting lined upAfter the children were settled, back packs hung, and gathered on the carpet, the parents were invited in to here the teacher read "The Kissing Hand." During the story a baggy of sticker hearts were passed to the parents and then after the story we put our kiss and sticker our child's hand and then said good bye! I blinked back a few tears at the good bye and Alaina let a few tears spill over. She would have stayed if she could have! When we went into the class room, she didn't hesitate to go right up front with the kindergarteners and squeeze into a spot. It's a bigger adjustment for her than for me, she is use to playing with Lexi all day! Lexi, on the other hand, was like "it's time for you to go now." The parents were then invited to a "Tissue Tea" in the library with the principal and PTA. "A piece of me I give to you,
This special heart becuase
"I love you."
The heart is you, the hand is me,
It shows that we are
A family."
-The Kissing Hand

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for you so sweet comment on my blog :) Payton started kindergarten today too but he was in the afternoon class-- It was fun seeing him go and I loved the little story 2. Your girls are too cute and I loved how you painted their room with the flowers that was beautiful did you do that by hand?

Angie said...

I love this blogging world! :) It's exciting to look into the Weideman World. I'm glad the girls are feeling much better!

How exciting the 1st days of school. I remember when the girls were playing school at your house during our meeting. :) So cute!

The Despain Gang said...

So cute! Love the poem and kissing-hand idea. So sweet! I love her little dress and leggings outfit. She's a cutie pie!

The Hardy's said...

Wow, they are all getting so big! Sorry, to hear that everyone is taking turns being sick. Hope you all feel better soon! We all miss you! Take care! love The Hardy's

Hyde Family said...

that is the cutest poem ever! I loved it! I can't believe how time is going! ANd Lexi is gorgeous!