Sunday, March 8, 2009

(lom-poke)

Yea, I know, I have a ton of catching up to do. I didn't move to California and fall off the planet. We have just been enjoying family time and exploring this beautiful place. Scott started school last Wednesday, a big adjustment after having him all to myself for 32 days. But it is a relief to have it underway, he was very nervous about what to expect. For the first month of school, he is in Space 100. As his study buddy, I report that parts are quite interesting, but a lot of dry boring stuff on laws, history, government agencies, etc. But I have learned a lot! His tech school was just shortened by a month, so we will be moving mid June. No orders yet, but it will be Colorado Springs, no doubt. I love this place (I'll expand on that later) so it is sad to shorten our time here, but on the other hand, I do really look forward to getting to Co Springs, finding a house to buy, getting our stuff out of storage, etc. etc. So we will make the most of our time here!

So speaking of here, its Lompoc, California. 3 hours north of LA, 9.2 miles from our apartment to the beach, GREEN (and I mean every shade of green everywhere!), blooming flowers, 60s and 70s year around (capri weather all year!), trees of every kind including palm trees and trees every where, mountains, farming fields, ranches, and is known as "the city of arts & flowers" because it has murals on tons of buildings and tons of fields of flowers. In June they have their annual Flower Festival that I hope to be here for.

Since Scott has been home, I've been in my cozy comfort zone, not really exercising and eating what I wanted to. My weight hasn't changed, but my muscle is turning into fat, and it's starting to feel yucky. I do love my treadmill! The problem is its 1600 miles away. But I do love that controlled atmosphere, perfect temp, need to stop I can, I can do it with 4 kids around, weather or darkness doesn't matter, no bad guys are going to get me, etc. But Saturday morning I decided I was going to force myself out on a run. I packed a picnic and the beach stuff and told Scott to meet me at the beach that I thought was 8 miles way, I made it 7.2 miles when Scott passed me and I rode the rest of the way, which was actually 9.2 miles, but I will do it next time. It was wonderful! My last attempt at exercise was the beginning of Feb, Scott and I went to the family room at the base gym, and even walking on the treadmill I felt so weak and tired. But out running yesterday, it felt so so good. My treadmill will never be the same! It was beautiful, I love the fresh air, Scott's new ipod gave me great tunes, and I liked being able to look ahead and picking a point to make it to before I could slow down. So we had a yummy but chilly picnic at the beach and then Scott ran the full way home. But now I am extremely sore! That was a big jump in miles!

to be continued....

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It's good to know all is well. I figured you were just enjoying your time with your family all together again! I can't believe you are excercising so much! I can remember when you hated to do it! Lompoc sounds beautiful! Have fun running to the beach next time!

Sethington said...

California! One good thing about all the moving is that you do get to see alot of places your probably wouldnt have otherwise. Im glad you have your hubby home and are settling in. You should get on face book there are a ton of people on there that I probably wouldnt have gotten into contact with otherwise and it is kind of fun.