We spent Father's Day exploring part of Yellowstone National Park. I had been to Yellowstone as a kid, and remember seeing Old Faithful erupt and some of the scenery and wildlife, but I didn't remember all the other awesome things to see there. So it was amazing to me to see the other geysers and waterfalls! The park is huge and we only had a day together there, but we tried to cover all the south west side and then the waterfalls on the north east side.

A herd of bison were right by the road on each side! We also saw a few deer and the waterfalls.
We had a fun picnic lunch in the forest and continued on exploring until little Audrey fell, just a few feet away from getting back in the van. She was carrying a big stick, tripped, sliding forward on her tummy and hands and where her fingers were wrapped around the stick, it smashed her ring finger between the stick and the cement as she slid forward, taking most of fingernail off and peeling skin off at the tip as well. POOR THING!!! After we got it cleaned and bandaged we decided to call it a day and stopped at a little general store in the park where to get her some ibuprofen and I got her some ice cream too... it helped distract her from the pain and worked as an ice pack! She calmed down as she ate her ice cream and then fell asleep for the rest of the drive back to the hotel and awoke much calmer with the ibuprofen kicked in. At bedtime, when I changed the band-aids and she looked at it, she said, "Cool!" Lexi then said, "I guess she could be a doctor or a nurse!" This picture was taken the next day.
After dinner we had to tell Scott good bye and he left for home :( then Aunt Carla and I took the kids swimming. However, shortly after getting in the pool, Alyse got a noise bleed which wouldn't stop so Alyse, Audrey, and I ended up back in the motel room keeping ice cubes in Alyse's mouth and impatiently waiting for it to stop for nearly an hour! Then I went back to get the rest of the kids out, who had been having a lot of fun at least!










No comments:
Post a Comment